If your like me you have a busy schedule. It’s hard to find time to workout. I’ve been there… 30lbs over weight, feeling exhausted, feeling like you have no energy to workout. If you don’t do anything about it it doesn’t get any better. The past year has been a life changing year. I dropped the 30lbs of being over weight and have kept it off. I exercised more and found some key secrets or factors that allowed me to drop the weight and keep it off. Over the next few weeks I will share the top 6 ways I found ways to exercise more. For each of those I will give you to top reasons why I feel this way.
The first and greatest way I found to exercise more is I made it mandatory to workout on Mondays and Tuesdays. I would do anything not to miss these two days.
The top 5 reasons why I think Monday and Tuesday workouts rock are:
1. Get two workouts completed the first two days of the week. My goal is always to hit 4 to 6 workouts a week. Making sure I workout on Monday and Tuesdays allowed me time later in the week to miss workouts if I needed. Maybe my body needed a rest or an emergency came up during the week that needed my attention. It was easier to hit that goal if I worked out on Monday and Tuesday
2. Starts your week out on a positive. Puts your mind in a better state. Mondays often bring anxiety for people or dreading the Monday start of the week. Exercise has positive effects on anxiety and helps fight anxiety attacks. Exercise also builds positive emotions and a sense of accomplishment.
3. Your more likely to workout the rest of the week. Working out on Monday and Tuesday builds momentum. It’s easier to exercise once you have that momentum building and to get 4 – 6 workouts in a week.
4. You will get better sleep the rest of the week. Exercise helps to reset your sleep cycle and also puts your mind in a state where it is easier to sleep. People who get regular exercise get a higher quality of sleep. Exercising consistently for 3 – 4 months is proven to fight insomnia.
5. More likely to lose that stubborn body fat. If your like me weekends are not the easiest on your diet. You have more calories. Whatever the reason was for the extra calories attacking the fat on Monday and Tuesday allowed it to not sit in your body as long. Burning the calories sooner than later will result in greater fat loss. Wednesdays were always my heaviest days of the week. Most of the time it was because of the weekend extra calories. Once I made Monday and Tuesdays mandatory workout days Wednesdays became one of the lightest. Note: Extra calories often take 2 to 3 days to show up as extra body fat on the scale.
This was Tip 1 of 6 Ways To Exercise More Each Week. Quick Links to the articles are listed below:
Tip 5: December 1
Tip 6: December 8